Since 1929, the family owned Whiteford transportation companies have been a respected leader in the trucking industry. With 7+ locations in Indiana and Ohio, everyone at Whiteford Kenworth understands the commitment and hard work our customers bring to their businesses and we are proud to provide our customers exceptional service and quality at the standard they deserve.
Body Shop / Collision Repair Technician
The role of today’s Body Shop Technician is a combination of mechanical technician, electrical technician and creative artist using the latest product technology.
Body Shop / Collision Repair Technicians are responsible for performing heavy-duty body repairs under general supervision while receiving on the job training in a development program to achieve Body Journeyman status.
- Perform and/or assists in the performance of general bodywork duties.
- Work on major components with close supervision.
- Perform trouble shooting on minor problems.
- Computer skills for web based manuals & data entry.
- Attend training sessions and meetings.
- Advise the Shop Foreman if additional repair work is necessary.
- CDL preferred.
- Must have a positive can do attitude.
- Must have a commitment to perform quality repairs.
- Previous Kenworth and/or dealership experience are a plus.
Entry level applicants that possess the mechanical aptitude and desire to learn and advance may qualify for our Apprenticeship Program. The Apprenticeship Program is an intense 1 year course that combines online, vendor and workbook training with hands on experience. Applicants selected for the program will be provided the required laptop and base set of tooling to perform the job assignments.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Personal Time Off program
- 401k with Employer Match
- OEM Continued Education
- Extensive Training and Engine Certification
- Latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipment
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training