Since 1929, the family owned Whiteford transportation companies have been a respected leader in the trucking industry. With 7+ locations in Indiana and Ohio, everyone at Whiteford Kenworth understands the commitment and hard work our customers bring to their businesses and we are proud to provide our customers exceptional service and quality at the standard they deserve.
Heavy Truck Diesel Technician
With truck systems increasingly controlled by computer-based systems, yesterday’s mechanics have evolved into today’s electronic technicians. Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Diesel engines, Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbo, fan clutch, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air).
- Perform and/or assists in the performance of general mechanical repairs.
- Work on major components with close supervision.
- Computer skills for web based troubleshooting & data entry.
- Perform trouble shooting on minor problems.
- Attend training sessions and meetings.
- Advise the Shop Foreman if additional repair work is necessary.
- CDL preferred.
- Must have a positive can do attitude.
- Must have a commitment to perform quality repairs.
- Previous Kenworth and/or dealership experience are a plus.
Entry level applicants that possess the mechanical aptitude and desire to learn and advance may qualify for our Apprenticeship Program. The Apprenticeship Program is an intense 1 year course that combines online, vendor and workbook training with hands on experience. Applicants selected for the program will be provided the required laptop and base set of tooling to perform the job assignments.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Personal Time Off program
- 401k with Employer Match
- OEM Continued Education
- Extensive Training and Engine Certification
- Latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipment
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training